A father to a bouncing two year old and smiling six month old; I sometimes feel the need, the need for speed. Coffee is a natural answer to my energy crisis and brewed caffeine a legal means.
I’ve long outgrown those last minute cram sessions sipping sweet brown nectar from a 12-cup decanter. (No mug needed. Please.) Since then, I have graduated to high priced, social coffee (with different sizes besides small, medium and large) served by baristas, or some screaming customer service representative, wrapped in an anti-scald cardboard liner that has fashionable or trendy remark scribed on the cup. I enjoy the coffee, entertainment and package. However, why am I paying a premium for coffee that I can easily make at home for a pittance? Is all this extraneous stuff necessary? No. It is not.
Make your coffee at home.
An alternative would be to grab a cup of java at a local bodega with the classic Greek blue-and-white ‘to-go’ receptacle with the lettering, “We are Happy to Serve You.” For a dollar, the guy hands me a delicious coffee with a vibrant smile. Spanish included.
Save yourself some cash, put your savings in a vacation fund, a 529 plan, a wonderful date with your significant other or save it.
Know the ELSE in, what else am I buying?
ACTUALIZE THIS!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
* * NECTAR OF THE GODS * *
Labels:
529 PLAN,
ADDICTION,
BARISTA,
COFFEE,
EXPENSIVE COFFEE,
FUND,
GREEK,
INTERVENTION,
VALUE,
WE ARE HAPPY TO SERVE YOU
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment